Williams CB90

This is the building forum for the Combat Boat 90. If you are interested in the STL's for this project, they are available to those who help me by contributing 15 Euro. Then you get access to a sub-forum where STL's, instructions and mods are located.
BasusPrintimus

Williams CB90

Postby BasusPrintimus » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:52 pm

Hi!

This is my first time dealing with RC electronics beyond RTF kits, so I've got a question.

I want the engines, rudders and reversers to work in pairs, but I dont really know how to make sure that they do. What kind of features are required of the components in the RC system?

Cheers,
William

Kylecox1019

Re: Williams CB90

Postby Kylecox1019 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:39 pm

Biggest thing to make sure when making a power system is the motor and esc be balanced as far as amps and volts. The reverse buckets and steering can be ran off the same channel if you use Y harness. I’m building a 1/10th scale boat so I’m using 80a ESCs on 6S with 1700KV motors that can handle 80a and 6S.

BasusPrintimus

Postby BasusPrintimus » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:39 pm

Thanks, I'm fairly new to the terms in RC systems so finding what i need is difficult.
I've been thinking about how i want the control scheme to work. I've got some experience with full scale twin waterjets, and ideally i'd like to have a similar control layout for this model.
Do you/anyone happen to know if there are transmitters with bottom "neutral/relaxed/default" positions for both Left and Right stick?
If possible i want to control thrust on each stick, and then separate the reverse buckets so the model can be driven like a true CB90. I know i kinda made a 180 here, sorry!

Kylecox1019

Postby Kylecox1019 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:56 pm

So you could get a transmitter and buy a second throttle gimbal and install it in the one for pitch and roll. Most new transmitters have digital displays and you can program custom mixes and assign multiple channels to do the same or different functions. I’m going to be using my FRSKY Taranis due to it being 32 channel capable and open source.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:00 pm

In most (at least more serious) aircraft radios you can choose if you want rater and free movement of the throttle or spring action centered stick there as well. This might be a good idea to check with a vendor before buying.

BasusPrintimus

Postby BasusPrintimus » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:14 pm

Alright, thanks all. Now i've got a clear idea of how to fix the radio control system. Now comes the fun part: Getting there. Currently printing everything, i'll post some pictures along the way!