Updated rails without small details, or CAD files?

Forum about the OS-Railway project available on Thingiverse. Here you can ask questions, look at building pictures, share ideas, pictures and STL's.
sondre

Updated rails without small details, or CAD files?

Postby sondre » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:32 pm

Hi,

First of all, thanks for all the work on OS Railway!
Secondly, I really like the look of the updated track pieces but the details on the side are doing a number on my printer and have a tendency to get clipped off by my sons rough construction style so I'm wondering if these track pieces are available without said details or if the Fusion/step files are available so I can remove/simplify these myself?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Updated rails without small details, or CAD files?

Postby admin » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:00 pm

Hi!

I know what you mean with construction style, my son was a pretty rough builder when this project started. :)

Take a look at this project if you haven't already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESRw9cBh99g&t=425s
There is a link in the description to the project, there in the project you can remove the details you don't want and follow the tutorial to create the track pieces you want. I think that's the easiest way.

sondre

Re: Updated rails without small details, or CAD files?

Postby sondre » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:19 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:00 pm
Hi!

I know what you mean with construction style, my son was a pretty rough builder when this project started. :)

Take a look at this project if you haven't already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESRw9cBh99g&t=425s
There is a link in the description to the project, there in the project you can remove the details you don't want and follow the tutorial to create the track pieces you want. I think that's the easiest way.
Thanks a lot! Don't know how I managed to miss that video when I was looking for this. Seems to be just what I'm looking for!