Freight platform assembly

Forum about the OS-Railway project available on Thingiverse. Here you can ask questions, look at building pictures, share ideas, pictures and STL's.
florint

Freight platform assembly

Postby florint » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:18 am

Hi there!

I'm trying to build the freight car and I printed the chassis. I want to print the bogey and the couplers but it's not clear how many I need and how they come together. This is the project: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2152351
The pictures on the page are not very clear. Can you please give me more details for the bogies and how the thing is assembled?

Thanks!

Florin

admin
Site Admin

Re: Freight platform assembly

Postby admin » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:34 pm

Here is a picture of the underside of the freight car, I think that should answer your question.
freight_car.JPG
freight_car.JPG (114.93 KiB) Viewed 1814 times

florint

Postby florint » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:30 pm

Wonderful! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

florint

Postby florint » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:16 am

Follow up question about the coupler: I printed "coupler_v2.stl" (which is shown in your picture above) but I don't know what to do with "coupler_body" and "coupler_arm". Where do they go and how to you connect the freight car to the engine (I printed the EMD GP38)?

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:29 am

hi, thanks for pointing that out! those were an early prototype of a coupler I ended up not using. I've removed those STL's now. You can try it if you want to, but personally I found the V2 working better. It's still not a perfect coupler and there is a lot of room for improvement, but it's at least sturdy.