Arc bridge and slope

Forum about the OS-Railway project available on Thingiverse. Here you can ask questions, look at building pictures, share ideas, pictures and STL's.
florint

Arc bridge and slope

Postby florint » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:31 am

Hi there,

I'm trying to print the Arc bridge (which is very beautiful BTW, thank you for doing this) and I have a question about how the bridge and the tracks come together. The current tracks are pretty stiff and very straight (work well on flat surfaces). Where the slope starts and the tracks need to come down (or go up) - how do I make the tracks follow the slope?

My son has a Thomas & Friends glow station which has a suspended depot with tracks sloping down from both sides. It looks like this:

https://www.fisher-price.com/en-us/prod ... tion-fjl41

Notice the red track on the left that slopes down from the station level. It's not flat (e.g. if I place it on a table it will not sit flat on it).

How did you manage to get your tracks to follow the downward/upward slope from the bridge level?

Thanks!

florint

Re: Arc bridge and slope

Postby florint » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:32 am

I forgot to mention that I'm using the "new" tracks: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4408535

F.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Arc bridge and slope

Postby admin » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:26 pm

Hi!

That was a good point I haven't actually thought about when I published the new track, the bridge is designed for the old track and I haven't checked if it's compatible with the new. Therefor I recommend that you print 4pcs of straight track from the old publication if you have any trouble.

Regarding the start of the slope, I actually put a small bend on a straight piece, both on the piece next to the floor and the top piece. You don't need to heat the track, you can bend it by hand even when it's cold (at least if it's printed using PLA).