What Size 3d printer is need to print the cars?

Forum about the OS-Railway project available on Thingiverse. Here you can ask questions, look at building pictures, share ideas, pictures and STL's.
Terryn

What Size 3d printer is need to print the cars?

Postby Terryn » Sun May 31, 2020 5:40 pm

Hi My name is Terry and I love this train set. I have printed a bunch of track with no problems. I just started trying to print the cars and they wont fit on my grid in Cura. I have a Tronxy P802E 3d printer. Its a 220x220x210 printer. Do I need something bigger than that?
Thanks
Terry

admin
Site Admin

Re: What Size 3d printer is need to print the cars?

Postby admin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:27 am

hi!

Glad you like it! :) Regarding cars I have uploaded a shorter freight car chassis, but generally I recommend that you divide STL's if you have a smaller printbed. I'm designing with Prusa MK3s 25x21cm printbed in mind and if you need smaller you need to divide sometimes. I think the easiest software to do that in is Meshmixer, but Curan is able to do some divisions too I think. (I'm not a Cura user so I'm not really familiar with all functions it has).

Terryn

Re: What Size 3d printer is need to print the cars?

Postby Terryn » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:08 pm

Good Day Reader,

Thank You for your reply and for creating this train set.

My Grandson is going to love it.

My printer is a TRONXY P802M

Yeah my print bed is only 220mm x 220mm so I might try the shorter version of the freight car.

I have used Meshmixer in the past but I am not sure were to divide the car so it will glue back together without showing.

I also have the Repetier software that came with the printer.

Anyway I will figure out something

Thanks again,

Terry.